The Government of Canada has requested all Canadians to be at home if possible. Employers are requested to support this by assisting employees to work remotely.
- Advice from the World Health Organization on getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
- Recommendations on hygiene, flexible work arrangements, sick leave, business travel and closure
- Determination of Return to Work of Essential Service Workers Who Have Traveled Out of Canada
What employers can do
- Cleaning: Consider increasing routine cleaning practices – if you are cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces once a day, move to twice a day using the products you already use.
- Space: Consider the density of your business and provide additional space for customers and employees to interact; for example, consider how line ups can be managed so that people are able to put some distance – 1 to 2 metres – between one another.
- Hand hygiene: Ensure your washrooms remain stocked with soap and consider offering hand sanitizer at entrances.
- Communication: Show your customers, clients, members, and employees what you are doing to support the efforts to slow transmission of this virus by communicating online and at your place of business.
- Employees who feel unwell: Support your employees to stay home if they are sick.