The Government of Canada supports First Nations communities in preparing for, monitoring and responding to communicable disease emergencies, including the new coronavirus called COVID-19.
For more information, visit their website on how First Nations and Metis communities can prepare, monitor and respond to COVID-19.
Helpful resources and information
- Aboriginal community wellness resources
- First Nations virtual doctor of the day program
- First Nations Doctor of the Day – Community Poster
- Aboriginal Patient Navigator Virtual Support
- First Nations Health Authority COVID-19 response
- Helping rural, remote and Indigenous communities respond to COVID-19
- Metis Nation of B.C. COVID-19 response
- Prevent COVID-19 by washing your hands
- Protect yourself from COVID-19 infosheet
If you have questions which are not answered in these sources, please contact the Interior Health Aboriginal Health team.