The essential visitor policy remains in place. Essential visits are limited to one visitor per individual within the facility at a time, except in the case of palliative/end of life care. Essential visits are:
• Visits for compassionate care, including critical illness, palliative care, hospice care, end of life, and medical assistance in dying.
• Visits paramount to the individual’s physical care and mental well-being including assistance with feeding, mobility, or personal care, communication assistance and assistance by designated representatives for persons with disabilities.
• Visits for supported decision making.
• Existing registered volunteers providing the services described above;
• Visits required to move belongings in/out of a resident’s room; and
• Police, correctional officers, and peace officers accompanying a resident/patient for security reasons.
** If a COVID-19 outbreak is declared at the facility the Interior Health Medical Health Officers will be contacted to determine if an essential visit can continue.
** Essential visitors are determined at the facility level in collaboration with the individual and their family.