Update: Effective July 19, 2021, people in long-term care and assisted living and their loved ones will have more options to spend time together, with a further easing of restrictions. For more information on these changes and new public health requirements around vaccinations, see the July 8 provincial announcement.
Changes beginning July 19 will include:
- Visitors will no longer need to schedule or book in advance to visit loved ones, and the limit on the number of visitors for each resident will be removed.
- Fully immunized visitors can visit with residents without wearing a mask.
- Larger, facility-wide social events or gatherings are safe to begin again.
- Indoor gatherings may include residents and staff across units of a facility, while outdoor gatherings may include family and friends.
- Adult day programs and in-facility respite can fully resume, providing additional health and well-being benefits for seniors and caregivers in community.