Vaccines are arriving each week in B.C. in increasing quantities, with targeted deployment for people in priority groups.
Public health will arrange for the following priority groups to get the vaccine. No action is required on your part.
First priority groups (Dec. 2020 – Feb. 2021):
• Residents, staff and essential visitors to long-term care and assisted living residences
• Individuals in hospital or community awaiting a long term care placement
• Health care workers providing care for COVID-19 patients in settings like intensive care units, emergency departments, medical/surgical units and paramedics
• Remote and isolated First Nations communities
Second priority groups (Feb. to March 2021):
• Community-based seniors, age 80 and above; Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) seniors, age 65 and above, and Aboriginal elders.
• People experiencing homelessness and/or using shelters
• Provincial correctional facilities
• Adults in group homes or mental health residential care
• Long term home support recipients and staff
• Hospital staff, community physicians and medical specialists
• Aboriginal communities not vaccinated in first priority group
Scheduling of priority groups for vaccination may be modified as disease transmission is monitored.